Farak Pahichan by Sandhya Lama Episode 3

Monika: Today it is my pleasure and honour to interview Meghna Lama, a Nepalese model, and beauty pageant queen. Hello Meghna! Meghna: Hello Monika, Namaste! Monika: Meghna, you look absolutely beautiful! What is the secret of your everlasting beauty? Meghna: :) Thanks for your complement. There is no any secret about my beauty; we just have to think and feel that we are beauties with the glow that comes automatically on our faces. Monika: Could you say a few words about yourself? Meghna: I just feel that when we are born into this world we all have to face many difficulties and problems in every walk of life, regardless whether are male, female or LGBTI, so I don’t worry about it, and I always love to face it and at the end success comes close to me. At the audition of fashion show. Monika: How does it feel to be a beautiful model? :) Meghna: I know that everyone thinks it feels so amazing to be beautiful; I can only add that being transgender and working with ladies as a beautiful model make me feel very proud of myself. Monika: How did you start your modeling career? Meghna: When I participated in the Miss Pink pageant (Miss Transgender Nepal) and I got crowned as Miss Pink Nepal I felt that I could also do something in the modelling field. No matter what my sexuality was, I felt that I was perfect in this field so I tried modelling right after my crowning in 2010. Monika: The fashion industry is full of beautiful transgender models: Roberta Close in the past, now you, Lea T, Felipa Tavares, Andreja Pejić, Valentijn de Hingh, and many more. How could you explain such a great interest of the fashion industry in transgender ladies? Meghna: Because fashion is not about sexuality, all we have to have is talent and courage to enter this industry. Fashion industry is such a great platform where everyone gets a chance to come in no matter what they are. Monika: What kind of outfits do you usually wear when you do not do modeling? Any special fashion designs or colours? Meghna: I love to wear outfits, depending on situations. If I go to temple I love to wear kurtha, if I go to do some advocacy, I love to wear sari, and if I go to party then I love to wear designer clothes etc. At fashion show of Tenzin Tseten Bhutia, a very famous designer from Nepal. Monika: With your talent, beauty and intelligence, you would be a great actress. Have you ever thought about acting? Meghna: Yes. It’s my dream and I love to be an actress; even I have been trying for Bollywood but till now I haven’t got any opportunity, so I hope that one day I might get a chance to work and express my talents; so I am waiting for this special day. :)
Previous
Next Post »